Take your clubs to your local PGA pro for a health check:
- You should book your clubs into your local golf repairs shop and check your club’s lofts and lies.
- Check the clubs grips? Are they too worn out?
Set out some specific golf goals for the coming season:
- Reduce your handicap by a couple of shots
- Make one or more of your golf club’s teams
- Win a club or an open competition
- Win a local Golf Club’s Scratch cup.
- Reduce the total putts per round and become a better putter.
- Just perhaps enjoy the game more?
You could take a series of golf lessons from your local PGA golf Professional?
- If you have taken a winter’s break from playing golf and after a couple of games, your swing feels quite off! To avoid starting down the road of creating bad habits within your golf swing and trying to second guess a swing fix by using youtube or reading golf swing tips. I would suggest you should arrange a series of three to five golf lessons with your local PGA Golf Professional.
- Also please take some time to work on your flexibility. If you can improve your flexibility, you can hit the ball further and make more consistence golf strikes.
- May I suggest you could make an appointment to visit a recommended a golf specific TPI expert and ask him/her to test your body’s flexibility?
This is a plan that I have worked on this follow plan for one of my students:
- To win his home Golf Club’s Scratch cup
- To play number one on his golf club’s senior cup team
- Improve his 75 yard approach shot game & land the ball within 10 feet. (grade yourself out of 10 shots and go from 7 out of 10 to 9 out of 10)
- Improve distance putting. (Stroke tempo and distance control)
- Play more conservative and tighten up mid iron distance control (note your yardages and play of the centre of the green and avoid flag hunting)
- Identify the front-centre, centre and back-centre of the greens you play as targets and closely monitor your distances played and the selected irons use to play.
This is our golf training schedule: 2 month schedule before
- Week one: Golf lesson, analyse golf fitness & golf swing data from Trackman, golf clubs require a loft and lie check. We will agree a golf practice plan. Practice plan requires 14 – 18 hours of practice excluding playing golf. Two rounds minimum a week.
- Week two: Work on practice plan and golf fitness plan & complete the worksheets scoring analysis from competition rounds played.
- Week three: Work on practice plan and golf fitness plan & complete the worksheets scoring analysis from competition rounds played.
- Week four: Full trackman golf lesson & feedback on fist months scoring data. Golf fitness strength & suppleness test. Keep working on our practice plan, fitness plan and completed the worksheets scoring analysis.
- Week five: Feedback session. On course golf coaching session & work on practice plan. Continue working on your golf fitness plan & complete scoring analysis.
- Week six: Golf lesson & work on practice plan. Continue working on your golf fitness plan & complete scoring analysis.
- Week seven: Feedback session. Golf lesson & work on practice plan. Continue working on your golf fitness plan & complete scoring analysis.
- Week eight: Feedback session. Full Trackman golf lesson & work on practice plan. Continue working on your golf fitness plan & complete scoring analysis. We will review how good our two months training plan is after we complete a skills test.
Let’s go and keep going!
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions at email address: email@example.com
Golf club repairs cork, golf lessons cork, learn to play golf cork, John Dooley PGA