Golf Club Health Check
Take your clubs to your local PGA pro for an up to date golf club health check. Golfers, book your clubs into your local golf repairs shop and check your club’s lofts and lies. Also, check the quality clubs grips and are the grips worn-out? Test the shafts and ensure all the clubs are in good working order.
Set out some specific golf goals for the coming season:
- Reduce your handicap by a couple of shots
- Make one or more of your golf club’s teams
- Win a club or an open competition
- Win a local Golf Club’s Scratch cup.
- Reduce the total putts per round and become a better putter.
- Just perhaps enjoy the game more?
Take golf lessons from your local PGA Golf Professional
- If you have taken a winter’s break from playing golf and after a couple of games, your swing feels quite off! To avoid starting down the road of creating bad habits within your golf swing and trying to second guess a swing fix by using youtube or reading golf swing tips. I would suggest you should arrange a series of three to five golf lessons with your local PGA Golf Professional.
- Also please take some time to work on your flexibility. If you can improve your flexibility, you can hit the ball further and make more consistence golf strikes.
- May I suggest you could make an appointment to visit a recommended golf-specific TPI expert and ask him/her to test your body’s flexibility?
A golfer’s training plan:
- Play to win a Scratch Cup
- Reduce handicap
- Golf Club Health Check
- Score about 30 points
- Reach a club golf team, such as The Buren team, Towns Cup, Senior Cup and so on
- Improve the 75-yard approach shot game & land the ball within 10 feet. (grade yourself out of 10 shots and go from 7 out of 10 to 9 out of 10)
- Improve distance putting. (Stroke tempo and distance control)
- Play more conservative and tighten up mid-iron-distance control (note your yardages and play of the centre of the green and avoid flag hunting)
- Identify the front-centre, centre and back-centre of the greens you play as targets and closely monitor your distances played and the selected irons use to play.
Training Schedule: 2-month schedule
- W1: Golf lesson, analyse golf fitness & golf swing data from Trackman, golf clubs require a loft and lie check. We will agree on a golf practice plan. Practice plan requires 14 – 18 hours of practice excluding playing golf. Two rounds minimum a week.
- W2: Work on practice plan and golf fitness plan & complete the worksheets scoring analysis from competition rounds played.
- W3: Work on practice plan and golf fitness plan & complete the worksheets scoring analysis from competition rounds played.
- W4: Full trackman golf lesson & feedback on fist months scoring data. Golf fitness strength & suppleness test. Keep working on our practice plan, fitness plan and completed the worksheets scoring analysis.
- W5: Feedback session. On course golf coaching session & work on practice plan. Continue working on your golf fitness plan & complete scoring analysis.
- W6: Golf lesson & work on practice plan. Continue working on your golf fitness plan & complete scoring analysis.
- W7 Feedback session. Golf lesson & work on practice plan. Continue working on your golf fitness plan & complete scoring analysis.
- W8: Feedback session. Full Trackman golf lesson & work on practice plan. Continue working on your golf fitness plan & complete scoring analysis. We will review how good our two months training plan is after we complete a skills test.
Indeed, Let’s go and keep going! But, do investigate in a Golf Club Health Check. Also, check out and read up on accurate golf practice.
Finally, please feel free to contact me should you have any questions at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.