A Golf Practice Routine
Some say “the wintertime is a good time to work on your golf swing.” Or is it? Perhaps it is, but, if you develop and keep a golf swing practice plan simple to the point. Ensure to avoid over-complicating your golf swing and how to practice that swing. With this in mind, may I suggest the following approach to you:
- Certainly, identify your golf swing or practice goals?
- Be sure to keep your practice goals simple and avoid making too many technical changes. However, make changes that will make a difference. If you don’t know what will make a difference, please find and work with a golf coach that can make that difference.
- Also, keep your golf practice routine simple, for example. “I am hitting too many golf shots off the heel of the club”. “I have worked with my local PGA golf pro/coach and we have agreed that my heel strikes are coming from a mix of my hands getting too far away from the body as the club hits the ball and sometimes my weight shifts to my towards my toes during my take away”.
- Finally, (continuing the example from point 3) the goals are to improve his golf swing body movement, golf swing timing and, pre-shot routine and aiming.
A summary of this person’s practice plan | Golf Practice Routine
- 10 – 20 minutes practising hitting the ball with an opposite hand club (practice hitting the ball left hand for right-handed golfers).
- 5 x hip and full-body rotation exercises after every 5 shots.
- After every 5 shots hit, change club and change target.
- Aim the club and set up correctly at every shot.
The practice plan is for approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour, 3 times a week.
- Turning exercises x 5 x 2 sets.
- Practice swings, feel what you want to do.
- Hit 5 shots to a target, go through your golf pre-shot routine before each shot.
- Change club, change target and repeat.
- In addition, after ever 20 shots hit, swap hitting to the opposite hand for 10 shots. So right-handed golfers to left-handed and vice-versa.
Please do not hesitate to contact if you have any questions. Also, consider reading more about accurate golf practice.