Lockdown Golf Swing Practice
The following is a summarised version for lockdown golf swing practice by John Dooley PGA. However, please view the video to understand more about the practice methods and practice routine.
From the video, the explanation of the practice routine as follows.
- Fully Body rotation exercises x 5 reps.
- Hip turn exercise x 5 reps.
- Make 5 x practise swings. Swing the club to the top of your backswing. Hold that position for 3 seconds, then start your downswing and finish your practice swing balanced.
- Make another 5 swings with the ball behind the rubber tee drill. Simply, place the ball 6 inches behind the rubber tee on the same aiming direction for the clubhead. Then push the ball away with the clubhead using your left arm and wrist completing your backswing. Then from the top of the backswing. Starting your downswing hitting the rubber tee and again finished your swing balanced.
- The ball behind the ball drill and of courses, this drill only works if you have a net that you can hit balls into. Place a ball approx 6 inches behind the ball, same as point 4, using left arm to push the ball away during the backswing. Then hitting the main ball into the net and finishing balanced. Also, repeat this drill 5 times.
- Now, use the practice drill in point 3 and use either point 4 or 5 depending on the tools that you have. So you are now setting up, putting the ball behind the ball and make a backswing pushing the ball away. Notably, pausing at the top of the backswing for 3 seconds, then starting the downswing with the hip movement fist followed by chest, arms, then hitting the ball/tee into the net and finishings balanced.
- Certainly, repeat points 1, 2, 3 or 4, 5 and 6. Also, be accurate when practice aiming the clubface, posture and your setup.
Finally, golfers should place a headcover by the toe of the club. The headcover is a wonderful feedback tool if your swing is not that accurate at impact. Finally, please contact me with questions or comments. Also, please details your golf swing issues and I will endeavour to create a video for a golf swing practice routine suited to you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Contact US.
Notably, Contact US | email@example.com | Tel. +353879277997 | www.johndooleypga.ie