Are you a right-handed or a left-handed golfer?
When starting off golf, how do you know if are you a right-handed or a left-handed golfer? Over the last number of months, I have worked with both ladies and gents that have just started to play the game. Mostly, they arrive with right-hand golf clubs because they are right-handed at most other things. However, if the golfer struggled with hitting the ball right-handed, we would test out hitting left-handed. Then we can easily compare swings and waa laa we have found the best side. Take the three following points that you can test if you are a right or a left-handed golfer!
All that is needed is a left-handed and a right-handed golf club and somewhere you can swing a golf club. Also, visit your local driving range with a friend and have fun hitting golf shots!
- Starting with the righthand club and how to grip the club. Without too much direction from anyone, place your left hand on the top of the grip and righthand below. Make a series of swings with the right-handed club trying to hit just the rubber tee from the driving range mat. Also, take a mental note of where you hit the tee or the surrounding area around the tee.
- Next, practice a series of ten hip turn exercise repetitions for right-hand golfers. Please refer to the video to learn that easy exercise. The hip turn exercise is when I place the golf club is placed around my hips. Please, notice how my hips turn approx 45 degrees to the right and a full move onto the left with my right toe pointed into the group at the finish.
- Finally, after another series of practice swings, hit ten golf shots and note where the shot finished.
- Ensure, to place your right hand on the top of the grip and left-hand below the right. Make a series of swings with the left-handed club hitting the rubber tee from the driving range mat. Also, take notes of the contact area where you hit the tee or the mat.
- Next, practice a series of ten hip turn exercise repetitions for left-handed golfers. Which is the opposite move to the right-hand golfer’s exercise.
- Then after another series of practice swings, please hit another ten golf shots and note where the shot finished.
- Ask yourself, which grip felt easier to make, was it how you griped the club left or right hand?
- Was the hitting earlier right or left-handed?
- Which hand felt easier to swing and hit balls overall?
Conclusion Are you a right-handed or left-handed golfer?:
In a nutshell, if you find holding the club easier with your right hand on top and left hand below, you are more than likely a left-handed golfer. Also, you will more than likely find you can swing the club easier lefthand than right and you will be able to coordinate hitting the ball or tee a lot easier than right. But test, test, test, and compare results. If you need more help and you are still undecided, please contact us to book a series of golf lessons to identify whether are you a right-handed or a left-handed golfer?